15mm or 21mm limited ?
Posted 13/01/2010 - 22:15
Link
I would get a 12-24mm f4, much more versatile and impeccable for architecture.
Best regards, John
Posted 13/01/2010 - 22:17
Link
johnriley wrote:
I would get a 12-24mm f4, much more versatile and impeccable for architecture.
Yip I agree.
I would get a 12-24mm f4, much more versatile and impeccable for architecture.
K20D,24-90 3.5-5.6,50-135 2.8 + GRIP. SAVING FOR 60-250 F4
FUJI S6500 + FUJI Z33WP
Konrad
FUJI S6500 + FUJI Z33WP
Konrad
Posted 13/01/2010 - 22:18
Link
many thanks for such a prompt reply, John ! but then, as you know, I have the Sigma 10-20 ... so the idea was to get a light prime, for instance to go skiing ...
Pentax - what else ?
Posted 13/01/2010 - 22:26
Link
The Sigma has more distortion than the Pentax 12-24mm, which is a magnificent lens. I'd forgotten you had the Sigma. In any event the small lens is one thing, but it is expensive duplication of focal length.
Obviously only you can decide whether the lens(es) in question can be justufied, but if you want one then go for it! Which one though.....that's not easy for anyone to say as it depends entirely upon your own photography.
Obviously only you can decide whether the lens(es) in question can be justufied, but if you want one then go for it! Which one though.....that's not easy for anyone to say as it depends entirely upon your own photography.
Best regards, John
Posted 13/01/2010 - 22:30
Link
and upon the price, of course ! it is sales time here too, so ... one can dream ? that is still free ... bye for now, good night - in french, it is said: "la nuit porte conseil" - I'll tell you tomorrow if it's true ! Patrick
Pentax - what else ?
Posted 13/01/2010 - 22:30
Link
johnriley wrote:
The Sigma has more distortion than the Pentax 12-24mm.
Not according to Photozone.de.
The Sigma has more distortion than the Pentax 12-24mm.
~Pete
Posted 14/01/2010 - 07:23
Link
Quote:
many thanks for such a prompt reply, John ! but then, as you know, I have the Sigma 10-20 ... so the idea was to get a light prime, for instance to go skiing ...
And that has hit the nail on the head IMO. The zooms are excellent lenses but so big and heavy.many thanks for such a prompt reply, John ! but then, as you know, I have the Sigma 10-20 ... so the idea was to get a light prime, for instance to go skiing ...
I have the 21 and it's a lovely little lens that always goes out with me but doesn't get used all that much except for street shots at which it excels.
I think I would use a 15 far more and it still seems a sensible size.
Get both is the answer. The 21 is negligible in size and if you're lucky you could get it used at modest cost. the 15 you will find harder to get used I think so brace yourself
Mike
---------------------------------------------------
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
Posted 14/01/2010 - 07:54
Link
ok ! thanks for all advices - I'll try & get a 15mm at decent price ... in the sales !
Pentax - what else ?
Posted 15/01/2010 - 08:23
Link
good morning all ! question solved: I did not buy anything, the so-called sales left the 15mm at over £ 600 ... end of story ! thanks again for advices, Patrick
Pentax - what else ?
Posted 15/01/2010 - 08:40
Link
patrick wrote:
good morning all ! question solved: I did not buy anything, the so-called sales left the 15mm at over £ 600 ... end of story ! thanks again for advices, Patrick
Yet only 347 Euros in the US, Adorama. Once again, IF, you know some one who travels there or will be on holiday????good morning all ! question solved: I did not buy anything, the so-called sales left the 15mm at over £ 600 ... end of story ! thanks again for advices, Patrick
Regards
Too far from a shore.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


33 posts
18 years
Maisons Laffitte - France