Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

1.4X-S converter and SR

mille19
Posted 12/06/2007 - 18:22 Link
Can anyone tell me if you can set the focal length in the Shake Redction menu when using the Pentax A 1.4X-S telecoverter.
I use the 1.7AF which you can set the focal length with but if I try to use my Kenko 1.5X cnverter it is automatically set to 300mm when I want it at 450mm, will I have the same problem with the Pentax 1.4 converter?
stevo
Posted 12/06/2007 - 22:16 Link
You can set the SR focal length in the Shake Redction menu with the Pentax A 2x-S, so I presume the same is true of the A 1.4x-S.
Mongoose
Posted 13/06/2007 - 09:55 Link
you will have the same problem with any TC which passes through the digital contact (I think it's the 7th one but haven't got an A series lens here to compare), because the camera will just read the focal length from the main lens and not notice the TC.

If you use an old A series TC then the camera wont be able to read the focal length and you will need to set it manually. This is the only reliable way to use a TC with SR at the moment.

I have speculated that if you covered the 7th contact on a modern TC with insulating tape then it might have the same effect, but I don't have a TC to try it with and I disclaim all responsibility for what might happen if you actually try this.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.