In Conversation With Pentax Ambassadors

We had a quick chat with Photographers and Pentax Ambassadors, Matt Emmett and Bill Ward.

14/11/2017 - 08:09

Dye House Greenery © Matt Emmett

Photographers and Pentax Ambassadors, Matt Emmett and Bill Ward are enthusiastic users of both the K-1 and KP digital SLRs and we caught up with both photographers to learn a little more about them and to share some of the images they've taken.

Matt Emmett is a multi-award-winning photographer and Pentax Ambassador, who has a passion for exploring and photographing some of Europe's most at risk architectural heritage. He shoots the majority of his work in abandoned places including man-made structures, and has photographed in locations as diverse as church chapels, power stations, bath-houses, villas and cooling towers.

Commenting on his passion photography and Pentax, Matt Emmett said: "I have been working with Ricoh Imaging for the last 3 years and in that time I have worked with several of their cameras as well as numerous lenses. The gear Pentax produces continually impresses me; in terms of image quality, ergonomics, ease of use and build. I shoot architectural subjects predominantly in live-view and the preview screen is one of the clearest and brightest around, achieving precision focus is so easy. My camera has been taken deep inside caves systems and into the damp and dirty interiors of abandoned buildings and never once have I had any problems. When the gear is this good, it gives me no reason to look elsewhere."

Halnaker Holloway
Halnaker Holloway © Matt Emmett

Bill Ward is a British actor and photographer, born and raised in Newcastle-upon-Tyne. As a photographer, Bill is essentially self-taught, and has been taking photographs since the age of 6.  Constantly in search of peace and quiet, his photography is a response, and in many ways, an antidote to the time he spends as an actor working in the public eye.  He is specifically drawn to water, and has a strong interest in history.

Two locations Bill has recently visted with his K-1 and the D FA 24-70mm lens as well as the KP and DA 12-24mm lens include Raudasandur and the Strandir Coast.

Raudasandur © Bill Ward

"I spent an impossibly beautiful morning at Raudasandur (literally "Red Sand") in the remote Westfjords in the far north west of Iceland. Perfect stillness. Not a breath of wind," said Bill.

Strandir Coast
Strandir Coast © Bill Ward

"Another early morning but this time, I was on the Strandir Coast, the eastern seaboard of Iceland's remote Westfjords. This image was taken on the last day of our trip," commented Bill.

Claim Up To £250 Cashback When You Purchase A Pentax K-1 Or KP
Until 15 January 2018, you'll get up to £250 cashback when you purchase a Pentax K-1 or KP from an official Ricoh Imaging retailer and instead of claiming your cashback, the discount will be applied instantly at the point of sale, meaning no forms to complete and no delay in receiving your cashback. You can also receive £50 instant cashback when purchasing the Pentax HD DA 55-300mm f/4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE lens. To find your nearest official Ricoh Imaging retailer, visit the Ricoh Imaging website.

Link Posted 06/12/2017 - 15:06
Great work and fantastic locations. Only ever saw Iceland from offshore. Would love a holiday there but it will never happen but I can look at fantastic images like these.

Link Posted 31/12/2017 - 12:13
Amazing interview, I just love it.

Link Posted 04/01/2018 - 14:47
Great article, but aside of that... those photos! DAMN they are great.

Link Posted 16/01/2018 - 12:44
very interesting interview and beautiful photos

Link Posted 24/01/2018 - 22:19
They seem like really smart people. I love the interview and photos.

Link Posted 31/01/2018 - 06:54
This are breath taking locations and pictures. Keep up the work.
hope to see more on this and hope to share some of my concrete las vegas photos too. Thanks.
Last Edited by bryansommers on 31/01/2018 - 06:58

Link Posted 06/02/2018 - 08:19

Link Posted 15/02/2018 - 13:57
that is an amazing technology

Link Posted 19/02/2018 - 07:59
Beautiful pictures and some amazing locations. Although photography has always been a hobby of mine, I have never been able to spend enough time on it.

Thanks for the interesting interview.

Stan P

Link Posted 04/03/2018 - 11:02
OMG!! Photos are damn amazing... I am really impressed with the work.

Thanks for posting this article..

Link Posted 14/03/2018 - 05:52
Good-looking pictures and some wonderful locations. Even though photography has always been a hobby of mine, I have never been able to spend enough time on it because I am a content writer at Help with Assignment in UK. But I have DSLR 60D Canon used in the night bridal shoot.

Link Posted 18/03/2018 - 13:43
Get involve in the conversation of the elite sitting with the useful topics. We have to set the plans with which to make the decision is an easy thing. You can top custom essays and make the goal towards the society.

Link Posted 21/03/2018 - 13:32
Love the tunnel of trees photo - so unique. Trees always offer such a variety of creative shooting opportunities. I always thought tree service businesses could benefit from having professional photographers shoot photos for their websites. However, instead, what I see is tree care companies resorting to stock photos that don't differentiate their websites at all.