jules
Posted 09/02/2015 - 05:25 Link
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
johnriley
Posted 09/02/2015 - 08:52 Link
Interesting, but "upgraded lens and better focusing" ? The AF on the GR is stunningly fast anyway and the lens is one of its strengths. Still, maybe it's like those breakfast cereals with a "new improved flavour".
Best regards, John
aliengrove
Posted 15/02/2015 - 19:30 Link
I hope it has more to offer than that, otherwise it will indeed be a pretty pointless upgrade.....
Pentaxophile
Posted 15/02/2015 - 20:13 Link
Doubt it'd be worth existing users upgrading (I've never understood why camera users seem to think they ought to upgrade with each new model anyway), but they have to keep the GR offer up to date with the competition. Wi-Fi, touch screen, and new sensor sound like they will achieve this. Flip out screen isn't mentioned but would be extremely useful.

They mention a completely new name. Wonder if the new model will be Pentax branded? Would make sense...
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]
Edited by Pentaxophile: 15/02/2015 - 20:15
bwlchmawr
Posted 15/02/2015 - 20:33 Link
If it had a zoom lens, weather sealing, an EVF and a tilting screen for about £150 I'd love one. (And then he woke up...)
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
aliengrove
Posted 19/02/2015 - 10:25 Link
Pentaxophile wrote:
Doubt it'd be worth existing users upgrading (I've never understood why camera users seem to think they ought to upgrade with each new model anyway), but they have to keep the GR offer up to date with the competition. Wi-Fi, touch screen, and new sensor sound like they will achieve this. Flip out screen isn't mentioned but would be extremely useful.

They mention a completely new name. Wonder if the new model will be Pentax branded? Would make sense...

I would think it would make sense to keep it branded as a Ricoh, they've built up a pretty hard-core following over the last few years, as a search on Flickr will show.
MrCynical
Posted 20/02/2015 - 21:47 Link
johnriley wrote:
Interesting, but "upgraded lens and better focusing" ? The AF on the GR is stunningly fast anyway and the lens is one of its strengths. Still, maybe it's like those breakfast cereals with a "new improved flavour".

The original article says 'redesigned lens and better focusing'. Maybe that just means a manual focus ring (rather than the button + dial of the current GR) perhaps with focus peaking? Thanks for this anyway jules - though I love my m4/3 kit, I'm seriously considering a GR to give me something pocketable for commuting (being a prime person the Panasonic LX100 doesn't excite me much).

Well worth waiting a couple of weeks since I'll then have the option of either buying the replacement GR or possibly getting the current one for less (though it's already much lower than its release price).
Edited by MrCynical: 20/02/2015 - 21:48
johnha
Posted 21/02/2015 - 01:51 Link
aliengrove wrote:
Pentaxophile wrote:

I would think it would make sense to keep it branded as a Ricoh, they've built up a pretty hard-core following over the last few years, as a search on Flickr will show.

Ricoh are very unlikely to brand it as Pentax, they've built up the GR brand since the GR-1 film camera from '96. The current GR is almost exactly the same size and form factor with the equivalent 28mm as the GR1, GR1s & GR1v film cameras (which can still be bought used from ebay for similar prices to the original '96 'new' price), the 21mm lens film version the GR21 goes for much more.
philstaff
Posted 25/03/2015 - 13:54 Link
Be nice if a view finder was incorporated into the next model and the screen with a tilt action.
Regards Ian
jules
Posted 20/05/2015 - 15:17 Link
http://digicame-info.com/2015/05/gr-ii.html

Japanese link I'll let you use your own convertors but GRII is soon to be upon us...
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
aliengrove
Posted 21/05/2015 - 13:21 Link
philstaff wrote:
Be nice if a view finder was incorporated into the next model and the screen with a tilt action.
Regards Ian

Both of those features would stop me buying one....they would make it larger. I've found no need for a tilt screen with my GR, and I have an optical viewfinder which I very rarely, if ever, use...likewise, I hope it doesn't have a touchscreen, or if it does, that's it's not necessary to use it to access functions and it can be switched off. One of the GR's strengths is it's so easy to set up and customise, it doesn't need gimmicky crap.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.