Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

R.P.S. Mentor Wanted.

vic cross
Posted 28/03/2015 - 18:35 Link
I think I might like to have a go at the R.P.S. ARPS. but don't know where to start? Is there anybody in the Northamptonshire area that I could talk to face to face who could help me get started and then keep an eye on me with a little help from time to time.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
JAK
Posted 28/03/2015 - 22:56 Link
Do these help Vic?

http://www.rps.org/learning
John K
vic cross
Posted 29/03/2015 - 11:01 Link
Thanks John but I've seen most of this before and much more. I spoke to the people on the stand at the show as well. The workshops and lectures are always to far away. All I want is for someone nearby to talk to face to face who might give me a bit help.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
bforbes
Posted 29/03/2015 - 11:48 Link
Are you not a member of a club, were someone has done a ARPS?

Or is this to far away. http://www.rps.org/events/2015/august/22/rps--distinction-advisory-day-visual-ar...
vic cross
Posted 29/03/2015 - 12:01 Link
Barrie. I used to be a member of a club but no more. No one in the club had any RPS ARPS. Oldbury is a bit far away for an initial chat. As I said I just want someone nearby to have a chat to one on one face to face on how to put a panel together etc. before I go spending my pension on useless entries and travel. If I do it I want to have a reasonable chance of success first time.
CHEERS Vic.
petrochemist
Posted 30/03/2015 - 16:51 Link
One of our workshop members had an ARPS but decided to let it go rather than paying the annual fee.
Mike
Pentax:K5ii, K7, K100D, DA18-55, DA10-17, DA55-300, DA50-200, F100-300, F50, DA35 AL, 4* M50, 2* M135, Helicoid extension, Tak 300 f4 (& 6 film bodies)
3rd Party: Bigmos (Sigma 150-500mm OS HSM),2* 28mm, 100mm macro, 28-200 zoom, 35-80 zoom, 80-200 zoom, 80-210 zoom, 300mm M42, 600 mirror, 1000-4000 scope, 50mm M42, enlarger lenses, Sony & micro 4/3 cameras with various PK mounts, Zenit E...
Far to many tele-converters, adapters, project parts & extension tubes etc.

.[size=11:].FlickrWPFPanoramio
Unlocker
Posted 30/03/2015 - 22:57 Link
Hi Vic, you're more than welcome to come to Aylesbury if you want, I might not be an expert but will help where I can!
vic cross
Posted 31/03/2015 - 09:17 Link
Mornin' Danny. It's a long time since we met on that day out. First, I keep writing ARPS when actually I only want LRPS as a beginner. I've read all the "bumff" and been on the website but there is nothing like having a good chin wag with someone who has been there, done that, if you know what I mean. It's just that someone who has done it can give a better insight to the actual best way to present a set of photos. Size? Shape? Gloss? Matt? Type of mount? etc. etc. Although I'm retired I can't afford to keep going all over the country to the meetings getting assessments and being given advice. What I want is to have as much info. as possible to try and put a panel straight in with a degree of confidence. Thanks for the offer and I'll let you know soon. We will be going on a short cruise to the Norwegian Fiords soon and I thought maybe just maybe I might get some decent landscape photos while there. And. Or. As my wife is a keen gardener and we visit gardens maybe a set of garden orientated photos??????????????
CHEERS Vic.
bforbes
Posted 31/03/2015 - 09:25 Link
Let me know how the Fiords cruise goes Vic. I have been thinking about one for some time.
vic cross
Posted 31/03/2015 - 11:36 Link
OK Barrie. We aren't going 'til next month so I'll try to remember.

CHEERS Vic.
Gwyn
Posted 31/03/2015 - 13:40 Link
bforbes wrote:
Let me know how the Fiords cruise goes Vic. I have been thinking about one for some time.

Off topic, sorry Vic. Barrie do consider the Hurtigruten as well - I've done it three times now and never been bored on it yet. Doesn't offer all frills of a cruise but you get to see smaller places and stunning scenery. I'd go again at the drop of a hat if someone offered me the trip! As it is if we ever buy a camper Norway is top of the list to visit in it.

Enjoy your cruise Vic, Norway is stunning.
OldTaffy
Posted 31/03/2015 - 16:27 Link
Gwyn wrote:

Barrie do consider the Hurtigruten as well - I've done it three times now and never been bored on it yet. Doesn't offer all frills of a cruise but you get to see smaller places and stunning scenery. I'd go again at the drop of a hat if someone offered me the trip!

Enjoy your cruise Vic, Norway is stunning.

I'll also recommend it. About ten years ago my wife was very slowly recovering from a long illness and the Hurtigruten schedule from Bergen to Kirkenes and back was perfect. We could have runs ashore once or twice a day, scenery (and photographic settings) superb, good food (but v expensive booze) and really comfortable clean ships. I still have a selection of photos (non-Pentax ) on my website at:
link
and some voyage notes at:
link
Though the notes are likely to be out of date by now.

Have a good voyage!

Martin
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.
Unlocker
Posted 01/04/2015 - 19:16 Link
vic cross wrote:
Mornin' Danny. It's a long time since we met on that day out. First, I keep writing ARPS when actually I only want LRPS as a beginner. I've read all the "bumff" and been on the website but there is nothing like having a good chin wag with someone who has been there, done that, if you know what I mean. It's just that someone who has done it can give a better insight to the actual best way to present a set of photos. Size? Shape? Gloss? Matt? Type of mount? etc. etc. Although I'm retired I can't afford to keep going all over the country to the meetings getting assessments and being given advice. What I want is to have as much info. as possible to try and put a panel straight in with a degree of confidence. Thanks for the offer and I'll let you know soon. We will be going on a short cruise to the Norwegian Fiords soon and I thought maybe just maybe I might get some decent landscape photos while there. And. Or. As my wife is a keen gardener and we visit gardens maybe a set of garden orientated photos??????????????
CHEERS Vic.

Replied via PM!

If anyone else is local enough, as mentioned to Vic, you're more than welcome to come down for a chat, I'll help where I can!

We have a small gallery where we have a fine art printer and mounting options on site and we are launching a 'Panel Service' as we speak, so plenty to get ideas from along with my LRPS and ARPS panel available too.

It's an open invite, just give me a shout via PM if you're interested!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.