Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Now you can 'Like' photos in the Gallery

davidburleson
Posted 26/06/2015 - 11:17 Link
Hi Everyone,

We are pleased to announce that we have introduced a 'Like' button into the Pentax User gallery. This commonly requested feature allows any Pentax User member to show their appreciation for a photo by simply clicking the 'Like' button.

Along with this, we have also added a way to sort photos in the gallery by likes. We hope everyone enjoys the new feature and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Comment Image
Having problems? We're here to help! Contact PU Support.
AndrewA
Posted 26/06/2015 - 12:17 Link
Like it!
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link
Darkmunk
Posted 26/06/2015 - 12:22 Link
Ah well done. Finally
Now can we move the images along with the keyboard please? The mouse just doesn't work because you have to chase the button around as it moves with the different picture formats
McGregNi
Posted 26/06/2015 - 14:19 Link
Good to see a useful new feature, thanks. It will help to provide a more select option for people, as well it will encourage at least some participation for those many who don't feel comfortable writing feedback commentary.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Mike-P
Posted 26/06/2015 - 14:43 Link
Nice idea,

Any chance we could have the number of views a thread has had back plus many months ago you did say a go to last read post button would be possible. ?
cuggalm
Posted 03/07/2015 - 06:43 Link
Very nice !
AlJones2402
Posted 03/07/2015 - 19:12 Link
Great. Time to get liking. 😉
davidwozhere
Posted 04/07/2015 - 00:56 Link
From what I have seen, there can be any number of (positive) comments but next to no 'likes'. One would have thought it would be the other way around - see Nigel's comment above - as it is far easier to look, like and move on. Something odd going on here?
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
johnriley
Posted 04/07/2015 - 09:19 Link
I think it's great that people will stop and comment, which is even better than pressing "Like". What the new button gives me though is the chance to make a positive thumbs up to an image when time dictates that there's no opportunity to comment. Or maybe sometimes that thumbs up is all that's needed and adding words would just be being verbiose. My old school had a magazine called Verbiage. The sixth form put out a spoof called Garbiage. That's just an afterthought, it sprang to mind then when I used the word verbiose and made me smile, apologies for demonstrating verbiosity in the process.
Best regards, John
vic cross
Posted 04/07/2015 - 11:01 Link
John. Many moons ago a teacher once told me. I was inebriated with the exuberance of my own verbosity. Sorta' reminds me of you.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
johnriley
Posted 04/07/2015 - 12:02 Link
Vic, if there had been a "Like" button to press on your post, I would have pressed it!
Best regards, John
vic cross
Posted 07/05/2016 - 08:33 Link
John. "VERY VERY STRANGE HAPPENINGS" I just had an email yesterday 06/05/2016 saying I wanted to be updated on a forum topic. It was this one. A little late don' you think???
I did read it originally back on 04/07/2015. What is going on@??????????????????????????
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
johnriley
Posted 07/05/2016 - 16:23 Link
I removed a spam post Vic, but the notification would still have reached you. By the time you got here, the offending post had gone.......
Best regards, John
vic cross
Posted 07/05/2016 - 17:08 Link
Thanks John. I wondered what was happening. CHEERS Vic.
vic cross
Posted 23/09/2016 - 08:31 Link
John. I think this needs your deft touch on the delete button. CHEERS Vic.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.