Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

New k3 1.21 firmware

percy
vic cross
Posted 28/05/2015 - 07:34 Link
"DONE" CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
truckerathome
Posted 28/05/2015 - 11:12 Link
Just done mine but now am unable to use dust alert .... runs then at completion states " the operation could not be completed correctly".

I have tried with various lenses attached but still get the same outcome. Not sure if it is a firmware glitch or my camera. Awaiting an answer from Vic to see if he has the same problem or not.

Everything else appears to be OK

Martin
Edited by moderator: 28/05/2015 - 12:04
whatsthisbuttondo
Posted 28/05/2015 - 11:24 Link
I dont have same problem update seems fine
whatsthisbuttondo
Posted 28/05/2015 - 11:31 Link
Scratch that one camera ok one not completing going to try pentax lens on one that didnt complete
whatsthisbuttondo
Posted 28/05/2015 - 11:33 Link
looks like iam typing to myself someone put post in about dust alert not working after update now its gone
truckerathome
Posted 28/05/2015 - 11:33 Link
whatsthisbuttondo wrote:

whatsthisbuttondo wrote:

I have just deleted the comment as I moved the mode switch from AV to P and tried again and all seems fine now. Have gone back to AV and tried again and it works OK, as it it does in all modes. :

Martin
whatsthisbuttondo
Posted 28/05/2015 - 11:40 Link
Still have one camera where its not working but only tried with tamron will try pentax lens now
whatsthisbuttondo
Posted 28/05/2015 - 11:46 Link
No that doesn't work neither does changing to different mode could it be another flaw
johnriley
Posted 28/05/2015 - 12:04 Link
I've put the comment back as without it none of this thread makes any sense.
whatsthisbuttondo
Posted 28/05/2015 - 12:13 Link
Works in manual ?
whatsthisbuttondo
Posted 28/05/2015 - 12:16 Link
And now its working in other modes as well
truckerathome
Posted 28/05/2015 - 12:22 Link
Apologies for the delete but just thought it was my camera when it suddenly starting working right after the mode change and didn't want to worry anyone ... now I obviously realise it wasn't.

I did run a manual dust removal a couple of times after the mode change and also switched it off a couple of times as well .. not sure if that made any difference. Perhaps a complete battery removal and replace might do the trick ... worth try at least.
miles500
Posted 28/05/2015 - 12:56 Link
Carried out update as prescribed and then camera behaved abnormally. When I turned it on, it showed the orange light which usually lights up briefly when you insert a card. It stayed on for about 7 or 8 seconds. Then the camera appeared to be dead as there was nothing on the top screen. I switched off and on and got memory card error message. Finally I removed the battery and after this was re-inserted the camera behaved normally. Never had any problem with previous updates - but all seems OK now and I have checked that the new firmware is operative.
Miles
mille19
Posted 28/05/2015 - 17:46 Link
I had the 'Dust Alert' problem after upgrading but after turning the camera off and on and changing a few settings all seems OK now.
Strange !!!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.